Monday, June 13, 2011

Allergies

On Saturday night I ate dinner and then went for a walk. About 20 minutes into my walk the palms of my hands starting itching. I had eaten a peach earlier with my dinner, and thought maybe it was from that, and I didn't worry that much about it. I just figured I'd wash my hands when I got home and it would be fine. By the time I got home, my whole body was itching and breaking out in hives. My eyes were swelling up and I was having difficulty breathing. I took some allergy medicine, got in the shower, and said a prayer. After a while, my body started to calm down a little, although my eyes are still a little puffy. I'm not sure what triggered that. I hope that it was some random thing outside, and not the peach (I love fresh peaches!). This happens to me on occasion. The last time I had a severe reaction like this was about 3 years ago. I was never able to figure out what caused that one.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a similar thing happen to me, and it can be very scary. I actually have an Epi-pen to carry when I exercise now. When Jacob was diagnosed with food allergies, I mentioned my incident to the allergy doctor, and she insisted that I come in for my own assessment. I'll tell you about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete