Sunday, November 11, 2012

Meal Planning

So lately I have not been doing a very good job at eating well. Part of the problem is that there are many nights that I am not at home. I have kind of stopped stocking up on groceries because things kept going bad on me. Then on nights that I am home, I don't have anything to cook. The other problem is that I get tired of trying to decide on what to cook. So to try to solve these problems, the other day I looked through my cookbooks and wrote down the names of some of the recipes that I really like or that I would like to try. Then, on a card, I wrote down what ingredients are needed for each recipe. The plan is that any night that I will be at home to cook, I can just pull out one of the cards. If I don't have all the ingredients on hand, I can quickly go to the store and buy what is needed for that meal. The card will be my shopping list. I am hoping this will help me be better at cooking good meals when I'm home. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment