Apparently, some liberals are outraged that President Obama has made a deal with the GOP over the bush tax cuts. One of my favorite liberal arguments is that allowing millionaires to keep more of their own money will increase the deficit. Uh huh. First of all, since when have they cared about the deficit? Their argument makes some sense though. When you spend more money than you take in, you go in to debt. Here's a novel idea: maybe we should reduce the spending. I know it hasn't been tried in a while. It's so crazy it just might work.
Here's one thing that I don't understand about the "no tax cuts for the wealthy" line: aren't the wealthy the ones that are in the position to create jobs? Why are we constantly penalizing them? I think that many people in our government really believe that all of the money really belongs to the government and in their beneficence they allow us to keep a little of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment